UM Libraries are pleased to offer 15 Dell laptops for loan to UM students, faculty and staff as a pilot project for the 2017-2018 academic year. The laptops come installed with standard productivity software [MS Office Suite and internet browsers]. Additional software options are available on UM Libraries’ desktop computers. Laptop borrowers are encouraged to take the laptop loan survey (linked on the laptop background) to provide feedback on the pilot project.
- Laptops circulate only to UM students, faculty, and staff on a first-come/first-served basis. Kits with power cords and mice are also available for checkout with the laptops
- Laptop loans are for three hours with no renewal. All laptops must be returned to the Richter Library Circulation Desk and not in the book drop.
- Overdue fines of $10 per hour apply
- All equipment borrowed will be the borrower’s responsibility until it is returned to the Circulation Desk.
- All equipment is visibly inspected for damage upon return. Borrowers are responsible for loss or damage up to the following replacement costs:
- Laptop: $1500
- Power cable/mouse kit: $200
- All data on the hard drive is automatically erased any time the laptop restarts. Saving to an online account, external drive, or other device is critical.
- If any technical problems are encountered, the laptop should be returned immediately to the Circulation Desk.