Download Floor Plan (.pdf)
Architecture resources may be found in a variety of locations in both the Architecture Research Center (ARC) and Otto G. Richter Library. The image below demonstrates a library catalog record for a book that can be found in multiple locations. Architecture library “LOCATION” descriptions are outlined below and are also identified in the floor plan legend.
Architecture Library Locations
Architecture Library Alternative Formats – Circulating
This refers to materials with alternate bindings (ring binders, spiral binders, pamphlets) that don’t fit well or tend to get lost and/or damaged among other books in the regular library stacks. These are located in the Architecture Reference section.
Architecture Library DVDs – Circulating
- Architecture DVDs are kept in a secure access location. Please ask for assistance at the circulation desk.
Architecture Library Books – Circulating
- Indicates items in the architecture library main stacks
Architecture Library Rome – Non Circulating
- This refers to materials that are physically in our library in Rome, Italy. These items cannot be requested through ILL, nor can they be recalled.
Architecture Library Books Oversize – Circulating
- Generally books with dimensions beyond 31cm in length x 24.5cm in width that won’t fit on a regular stacks shelf.
Architecture Library Special Collections – Non-Circulating
- These items are kept in a locked/secure area because they are considered fragile, hard to replace, and/or market valued above a certain dollar amount. They are non- circulating and may only be viewed in the architecture library.
Architecture Library Secure Access – Circulating/Conditional Loan Rules
- These items are kept in a locked/secure area because they may be considered difficult to replace, and/or market valued above a certain dollar amount.
Architecture Library Student Projects/Theses – Circulating
- Print copies of theses. These may be checked out.
Architecture Library New Urbanism – Non-Circulating
- These items are located within the Archive of the New Urbanism in the Seminar Room in the Architecture Library. With few exceptions, materials within this collection do not circulate, so please ask for assistance at the circulation desk.
Architecture Library Journals
- Current journal issues are located in the library’s reading area. Current journals do not circulate. Back issues do circulate, however, and are located in the Richter 1st floor, Mezzanine, and Off-campus locations. Some incomplete journal runs are temporarily housed in the Office of the Architecture Librarian.
Architecture Library Reference – Non-circulating
Architecture Library Reserves – Circulation desk
- Architecture Library 3 Day Reserves – faculty mandated rules apply
- Architecture Library 3 Hour Reserves (no overnight) faculty mandated rules apply
- Architecture Library 3 Hour Reserves – faculty mandated rules apply
- Architecture Library 7 Day Reserves – faculty mandated rules apply
ITEM STATUS – Refers to the availability and/or access to a specific item
- DUE 8.31.13 – Item checked out to patron but it may be recalled
- ROOM USE ONLY – Item can only be used in library, i.e. Secure Access, Special Collections and Reference
- BILLED – Item never returned, last patron billed for item
- FIRST SEARCH – item missing – initial search conducted
- SECOND SEARCH – item missing – second search conducted
- MISSING – Item has undergone 1st and 2nd searches and is now officially considered missing from collections
- LOST & PAID – Item was lost and paid for by patron but has not yet been replaced