Committee Roster 2020-2021
- Jill Deupi, Beaux Arts Director and Chief Curator, Lowe Art Museum, grant co-PI
- Chuck Eckman, Dean of Libraries, grant co-PI
- Matthew Acevedo, Director of Information Technology; and Director of Learning Innovation and Faculty Engagement
- Elizabeth “Lisa” Fish, Associate Dean, Collection Strategies, UM Libraries
- Elizabeth “Liz” Gushee, Associate Dean, Digital Strategies, UM Libraries
- Clara Huisman, Mellon Foundation Conservation Fellow
- Eugenia Incer, Assistant Director for Collections & Exhibitions Lowe Art Museum
- Christina Larson, Mellon Foundation Fellow for Academic Engagement, Lowe Art Museum/University Libraries
- Kelly Miller, Associate Dean, Learning and Research Services; and Director, Learning Commons, UM Libraries
- Jodi Sypher, Curator of Education, Lowe Art Museum
- Mike Chiorazzi, Law Library
- Lynne Fieber, Associate Professor, Department of Marine Biology and Ecology
- George Korniotis, Professor, Finance
- Greta Mitzova-Vladinov, Associate Professor of Clinical, School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Shawn Post-Klauber, Associate Professor, Department of Teaching and Learning School of Education and Human Development
- Rechna Varma, Assistant Professor of Professional Practice, School of Communication
Mellon Foundation Fellowships
The Mellon Foundation is supporting two Fellowships at the University of Miami to promote and facilitate object-centered learning and research at the University of Miami Libraries and the Lowe Art Museum through the Mellon Foundation CREATE Grants Program and other educational initiatives related to teaching, research, and scholarship on artwork, artifacts, and archival materials.
Clara Huisman, Mellon Foundation Fellow for Academic Engagement, focuses her conservation efforts on paper-based collections at the University of Miami Libraries and the Lowe Art Museum. She works closely with conservation staff on CREATE Grant projects that require conservation of paper-based objects.
Christina Larson, Mellon Foundation Fellow for Academic Engagement, promotes the Mellon Foundation CREATE Grants Program and develops partnerships with faculty members to enhance teaching, research, and scholarship that focuses on the cultural resources–artwork, artifacts, and archival materials–at the University of Miami Libraries and the Lowe Art Museum.