Group Study Room Use
- Due to the limited amount of private study spaces, law students are not allowed to book study rooms and grad carrels at Richter Library. Please see more information about study rooms and carrels on the web page of the Law Library, located next to Richter Library.
- Students taking entrance examinations for college, such as SAT, LSAT, MCAT, GRE, etc., can reserve the space for 6 hours during Saturday hours only.
- Group study rooms are for currently enrolled University of Miami students to study in groups of at least three.
- Study rooms may not be used for classes, paid tutoring, university seminars, or organizational meetings.
- A group vacating the room for breaks longer than 15 minutes will forfeit the room for the remainder of their reservation.
- The size of the group may not exceed the room’s maximum occupancy.
- Library furniture is not to be moved in or out of group study rooms.
- Personal items left unattended in group study rooms will be sent to lost and found.
- Disputes regarding room use and occupancy will be referred to Public Safety.
- All Richter Group Study Rooms may be reserved online at Study Rooms | University of Miami Libraries
- The limit is one reservation/use per group per day.
- The maximum reservation/use is 3 hours per day except for entrance examination tests.
- Please call or visit the Access Services desk to reserve a group study space for an entrance exam.
- Rooms that are not reserved are available to anyone on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel reservations that violate these policies.
- Groups without a reservation will be asked to vacate rooms that have been reserved.
- If a group does not arrive within 15 minutes after the start of the scheduled reservation, the room reservation will be considered canceled, and the room will be open for use.