Service Note: For the summer semester 2021, UM Libraries are dedicated to individual study only. Group study spaces are only available by appointment for students. Please see the Study Room webpage to make an individual appointment. The policies listed below are currently suspended and will resume following the lifting of current safety protocols.
Group Study Room Use
- Group study rooms are for currently enrolled University of Miami students to study in groups of at least three.
- Study rooms may not be used for classes, paid tutoring, university seminars, or organizational meetings.
- A group vacating the room for breaks longer than 15 minutes will forfeit the room for the remainder of their reservation.
- The size of the group may not exceed the room’s maximum occupancy.
- Library furniture is not to be moved in or out of group study rooms.
- Personal items left unattended in group study rooms will be sent to lost and found.
- Disputes regarding room use and occupancy will be referred to Public Safety.
- All Richter Group Study Rooms may be reserved online at: Study Rooms | University of Miami Libraries
- The limit is one reservation/use per group per day.
- The maximum reservation/use is 3 hours per day.
- Rooms that are not reserved are available to anyone on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel reservations that violate these policies.
- Groups without a reservation will be asked to vacate rooms that have been reserved.
- If a group does not arrive within 15 minutes after the start of the scheduled reservation, the room reservation will be considered canceled and the room is open for use.