- Scholarship@Miami is the institutional repository of the scholarly output of UM faculty, students and staff. It includes articles, theses and dissertations, data sets, conference papers, and more.
- Digital Collections provides access to unique primary source material from the Cuban Heritage Collection, Special Collections, University Archives and non-library partners, including photographic images, maps, correspondence, manuscripts, periodicals, prints, posters, audio, video, oral histories, and more.
- uSearch is the primary search engine for library materials at the three UM campuses. To obtain material found in uSearch, note down the author, title, call number, etc., and contact the interlibrary loan department at your local public library (or university/college library if you have borrowing privileges there) and place the request.
- uSearch Help guides the user through the most efficient use of this resource.
The Libraries house rare and unique primary sources, available for research and teaching.
Federal Depository Collections
The Libraries have been a selective depository library for the U.S. Government since 1939.
Research Database for Alumni
The library is pleased to offer Academic Search Alumni Edition, a specialized research database for alumni. Funded by the Alumni Office, this database requires a username and password that is available from email@example.com. Please note that your CaneID username and password will *not* work to access this resource.
Academic Search Alumni Edition is designed for the research needs of the post-college professional. The database provides full text for nearly 1,350 publications as well as indexing and abstracting for nearly 8,000 publications. Academic Search Alumni Edition also includes valuable peer-reviewed full text journals, offering critical information from many sources.
The Libraries are ready to answer your research questions and provide training in using uSearch and our online collections.
- Ask a Librarian is an online service providing research help via chat and email.
- Lisa Baker, Head of Richter Library Learning & Research Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, will match you or your group with a librarian to meet your research needs.