Who We Are
The Cuban Heritage Collection at the University of Miami Libraries is home to the largest repository of materials on Cuba outside of the island and the most comprehensive collection of resources about Cuban exile history and the global Cuban diaspora experience. As a premier research destination, the Collection hosts researchers, students, and visitors from around the world who can explore and discover a wide and ever-expanding range of information. These materials include published works such as rare and contemporary books, journals, artists books, and newspapers, as well as archival materials including personal papers, organizational records, correspondence, manuscripts, photographs, maps, works on paper, audiovisual content, ephemera, and growing born-digital and digitized collections.
The Collection organizes a calendar of events and programing and curates exhibitions that showcase the richness of the repository. The span of the University of Miami Libraries’ Cuban Heritage Collection reinforces the University’s hemispheric mission and commitment to a continuing relationship with its neighbors.
Spring 2024 Access Policies
The Cuban Heritage Collection Reading Room is open for in-person research Monday – Friday by advance booking and seat reservation. Please see below for instructions on how to make an appointment and request materials.
For University of Miami students, faculty, and staff with a Cane ID:
- Please use the following link to book an appointment at least seven days prior to your visit.
- At the time of booking your visit, please also request the CHC materials to be consulted via our AEON system (to create an Aeon account, click here: https://aeon.library.miami.edu/aeon/FirstTime.html).
- Once the appointment has been booked and materials requested via Aeon, kindly also email email@example.com to confirm that we have received and approved your request and if you have any questions about your visit.
For external patrons, researchers, and visiting scholars without a University of Miami Cane ID:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred appointment date and time at least seven days prior to your visit.
- Please request the CHC materials to be consulted via our AEON system (to create an Aeon account, click here https://aeon.library.miami.edu/aeon/FirstTime.html).
- We will confirm that we have received your request and provide further instructions on your visit.
In order to assist patrons who are unable to visit in person, we maintain a list of local, University of Miami proxy researchers. If you are interested in proxy research assistance please email email@example.com. All research arrangements are strictly between the patron and the proxy.