Plan Your Visit
The Cuban Heritage Collection Reading Room is open for in-person research Monday – Friday by advance booking and seat reservation. Please see below for instructions on how to make an appointment and request materials.
For University of Miami students, faculty, and staff with a Cane ID:
- Please use the following link to book an appointment at least seven days prior to your visit.
- At the time of booking your visit, please also request the CHC materials to be consulted via our AEON system (to create an Aeon account, click here: https://aeon.library.miami.edu/aeon/FirstTime.html).
- Once the appointment has been booked and materials requested via Aeon, kindly also email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that we have received and approved your request and if you have any questions about your visit.
For external patrons, researchers, and visiting scholars without a University of Miami Cane ID:
- Email email@example.com with your preferred appointment date and time at least seven days prior to your visit.
- Please request the CHC materials to be consulted via our AEON system (to create an Aeon account, click here https://aeon.library.miami.edu/aeon/FirstTime.html).
- We will confirm that we have received your request and provide further instructions on your visit.
In order to assist patrons who are unable to visit in person, we maintain a list of local, University of Miami proxy researchers. If you are interested in proxy research assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All research arrangements are strictly between the patron and the proxy.
The following resources can be consulted for help with research:
Our digital collections can be accessed here: https://www.library.miami.edu/chc/digitalcollections.html
CHC archives finding aids can be searched here: https://www.library.miami.edu/chc/archivalmaterials.html
Some Library research guides are available here: https://sp.library.miami.edu/subjects/collection.php?d=CHC
Information on CHC virtual programming and events can be found here: https://www.library.miami.edu/chc/index.html
The University of Miami Libraries catalog contains many e-books and journals accessible to those with a UM Cane ID, here: https://www.library.miami.edu/
More general remote services offered by UM Libraries as a whole can be found here:
To request help with research, instruction sessions, or if you have any other inquiries for the Cuban Heritage Collection faculty and staff, please email us at email@example.com