Library Laptop Lending Program
To offer Dell and Mac laptops for loan to UM students, faculty, and staff of the University of Miami.
Access Services – Richter Library, 1st Floor Lobby
The Library Laptop Lending Program offers Dell and Mac laptops to UM students, faculty, and staff of the University of Miami on a first come/first-served basis. The laptop kits include a power cord and mouse. Depending on the operating system, the laptops come installed with standard productivity software [MS Office Suite, Mac software, and internet browsers]. All equipment borrowed will be the borrower’s responsibility until it is returned to the Richter Library Access Services Desk.
Visitors are not allowed to check out laptops*
- One Week Laptops are for one week, with one renewal possible at the Access Services Desk.
- 24 hour-Loan Laptops are available without renewal at the Access Services Desk.
- A patron borrowing a laptop is required to present a Cane Card at the Access Services Desk.
- At the time of checkout, the laptop will be inspected by a circulation staff member (or a student worker) to ensure it is intact and functioning properly.
- The patron will be cautioned to save their files in their flash or jump drives or to send them via an email attachment. All files will be erased after the computer is shut down.
- The laptop will be checked out to the patron’s UM Library account.
Fines- Lost or Damaged
- Laptop: $1600.
- Power cable/mouse kit: $200.
Please call 305-284-3233 or email email@example.com for more information.
Revised on September 19th, 2022.