UM Libraries are pleased to offer Dell laptops for loan to UM students, faculty, and staff available at the Richter Library Access Services Desk. Starting in fall 2021, a limited number of Macbooks and 24-hour loan laptops will be available for loan. The laptops come installed with standard productivity software [MS Office Suite and internet browsers].
- Laptops circulate only on a first-come/first-served basis. Kits with power cords and mice and/or keyboards are also available for checkout with the laptops.
- For inquiries you can:
- Call 305-284-3233
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inquire in person at the Richter Library Access Services Desk. Laptops are no longer able to be reserved or requested via the Library Catalog.
- Laptop loans are for 1 week, with one renewal possible. All laptops must be returned to the Richter Library Access Services Desk and not in the book drop.
- 24-hour loan laptops are available, without renewal. All laptops must be returned to the Richter Library Access Services Desk and not in the book drop.
- All equipment borrowed will be the borrower’s responsibility until it is returned to the Richter Library Access Services Desk.
- All equipment is visibly inspected for damage upon return. Borrowers are responsible for loss or damage up to the following replacement costs:
- Laptop: $1600
- Power cable/mouse kit: $200
- Saving to an online account, external drive, or other device is critical.
- If any technical problems are encountered, the laptop should be returned immediately to the Richter Library Access Services Desk.