Request Materials from Circulating & Storage Collections
As of August 1, 2021, current UM faculty, staff & students are welcome to access and browse physical collections housed in the library stacks in all libraries with the exception of the Rosenstiel School Library. We will continue to offer paging services for the circulating collections held in the Richter Library, Architecture Research Center, Music Library, Rosenstiel School Library, as well as materials housed in our Off-Campus Shelving Facility.
Request Library Materials
- UM faculty, students and staff should request materials using the “Request” function in the Library Catalog.
Instructions on using the uSearch Request
1. Identify the library material you want to request for pick up and click SIGN IN.
2. It is required to sign into your library account in order to request items for pick up.
3. After signing in, click on REQUEST.
4. Choose ARCHITECTURE RESEARCH CENTER, LOCKERS AT RICHTER LIBRARY, ROSENTIEL SCHOOL LIBRARY, MEDICAL LIBRARY, RICHTER LIBRARY, MUSIC LIBRARY, or OPHTHALMOLOGY as a PICKUP LOCATION. Click REQUEST.
Delivery of Materials from Circulating Collections
University faculty, students and staff may page most items from the circulating collections of the Richter, Architecture, Business, Music, and RSMAS libraries. Paged items can be delivered to any of these libraries and circulate according to the normal borrowing policies established for each patron type. Delivery of material usually takes 24-48 hours. Deliveries do not occur on holidays.
Delivery of Materials from UM Library Storage Facilities
The Off-Campus Storage Facilities is closed to the public. Materials housed the Off-Campus Shelving Facility will be paged and delivered for pickup at the Richter, Architecture, Business, Music, and RSMAS libraries. Materials from these collections are loaned according to the normal borrowing policies established for each patron type.
Off-Campus Shelving Facility (OCSF)
- Contains bound journals through 1979; government documents through 1976; selected low-use books; theses; and some non-Roman alphabet monographs
- Request OCSF material using the “Request” function in the Library Catalog.
- Most material requested is delivered within 48 hours excluding weekends.
Delivery of Materials from the Medical or Law Library
Materials from the Medical and Law Libraries must be borrowed directly from those libraries and are not available for paging and delivery service. Please consult the Medical Library Catalog and Law Library Catalog to determine availability of materials within their respective collections.