NOTE: We are in the midst of a retrospective cataloging project to include all of CHC’s periodicals holdings in the Library Catalog. If you do not find a title you seek by searching in the online catalog, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
The Cuban Heritage Collection includes thousands of titles of journals, newspapers, magazines, and newsletters published both in and outside Cuba, from colonial times to the present. They are organized into four categories:
- CHC Rare Journals: Rare and scarce Cuban periodical publications, primarily from Cuba’s colonial and republican eras (19th and 20th century).
- CHC Journals: Cuban periodical publications, primarily from Cuba’s republican and revolutionary eras (20th and 21st century).
- CHC Newspapers: Cuban periodical publications, primarily from Cuba’s republican and revolutionary eras (20th and 21st century), typically measuring larger than 297mm x 420mm (approximately 12 x 17 inches). Titles in this category are in the cataloging queue.
- CHC Exile Journals: Magazines, bulletins, newsletters, and newspapers edited, directed, or published in the post-revolutionary Cuban diaspora (20th and 21st century).
Some CHC Exile Journals are available on microfilm via ProQuest. Learn more about this collection:
- Cuban Exile Newspapers at the University of Miami, an online exhibit based on a presentation delivered at the Library of Congress in 1997.
- Esperanza Bravo de Varona’s Cuban exile periodicals at the University of Miami Library: An Annotated Bibliography (Madison, Wis.: Secretariat, Seminar on the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials, Memorial Library, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1987).