Training & Workshops
Looking for statistics and research software training? Visit Data & Visualization Services Workshops
The Calder Library will help you find authoritative, current, and relevant information for patient care, research, and education. Schedule a librarian consultation today to obtain the information and research guidance you need. Consultations are held via Zoom during weekdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm by appointment.
Group training sessions are also available by request. Sessions are held via Zoom during weekdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm by appointment. Please contact us at least 5 business days in advance to plan a session for your group.
Available training sessions include:
Introduction to the Calder Library
Learn about all the resources and services that are available to you at the Calder Library. This session will help you find:
- Onsite and online books, journals, and databases
- Clinical information for patient care and research
- Journal impact factors and reputable publication venues
- Systematic reviews
- Tests and questionnaires
- Much more!
You will also learn about library services including:
- Remote access to library collections
- Expert literature searches by medical librarians
- Interlibrary loans and photocopies of print articles
- Assistance with poster design and printing services
- On-demand library and research assistance onsite and online
Target audience: new students, faculty, and staff; library users who would like a refresher and/or updates on new resources and services
Learn about the databases available at the Calder Library to help you with literature reviews, scoping reviews, systematic reviews, and other research projects. Sessions may cover one or more databases, ranging from basic to advanced topics, depending on your needs.
- CINAHL – nursing and allied health research
- Cochrane Library – systematic reviews and controlled trials
- Embase – international biomedical research with specializations on drugs and medical devices
- MEDLINE/PubMed – premier biomedical research and clinical sciences database from the U.S. National Library of Medicine
- PsycINFO – premier behavioral and social sciences research database from the American Psychological Association
- Scopus – interdisciplinary science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts & humanities research with tools to track, analyze, and visualize research output
- Web of Science – interdisciplinary research with tools to visualize research output and journal impact
Target audience: students, faculty, and researchers working on reviews and research projects
Citation Management Tools
Learn about the citation management tools available at the Calder Library to help you collect, organize, store, share, screen, and format citations in reference lists for assignments and publications. Sessions may cover one or more citation management tools, ranging from basic to advanced features, depending on your needs.
- Covidence – collaborative online tool for systematic review screening support and record keeping
- EndNote – downloadable tool with online functionality
- RefWorks – cloud-based tool
- Zotero – open-source tool
Target audience: students, faculty, and researchers working with citations