Curatorial Teams and Supporting Departments
The University of Miami Libraries Exhibitions Program is supported by a diverse group of professionals who bring together extensive expertise in support of the development of concepts, narratives, programs, and the design and installation processes related to library exhibitions.
- Access Services provides general information about and access to exhibition spaces for the University community and general public.
- The Community Relations and Events department coordinates programming and media outreach efforts.
- Creative develops the visual identity, print and digital assets, and provides editorial services for Library exhibitions. The team also manages exhibition installation, de-installation, and overall space design.
- The Creative Studio provides equipment resources, large format printing, and specialty software and hardware support.
- The Digital Production department manages the digitization of exhibition materials for virtual access, print reproductions, and display purposes.
- Facilities oversees the assessment, coordination, and maintenance of library exhibition spaces.
- Preservation Strategies is responsible for environmental assessment and control of exhibition areas as it relates to the preservation and conservation needs of the materials on display. The department also manages the preparation and handling of materials during installation and de-installation.
- The Systems department provides equipment and technology support for digital components in physical exhibition spaces.
- Web & Application Development designs, creates, and maintains the exhibitions’ online presence.
The University of Miami Libraries Exhibitions Council—in consultation with the Administrative Leadership Team—accepts and selects proposals for exhibitions, and leads efforts related to the policies, guidelines, and programming for all exhibitions held within the University of Miami Libraries.
- Martha Horan (Chair), Head of Preservation Strategies
- Duvy Argandoña, Conservator
- Kineret Ben-Knaan, Research and Assessment Librarian
- Jose M. Cabrera, Director of Creative
- Vanessa Carreño Valle, Community Relations and Events Manager
- Elizabeth Cerejido, Curator for Cuban Collections
- Angela Clark-Hughes, Rosenstiel School of Marine, Atmospheric, and Earth Science Library
- Arthur Dunkelman, Curator of the Jay I. Kislak Collection
- Cristina Favretto, Head of Special Collections
- Elizabeth (Lisa) Fish, Associate Dean for Collection Strategies
- Cheryl Gowing, Associate Dean for Library Information Systems and Facilities
- Elizabeth Gushee, Associate Dean for Digital Strategies
- Clara Huisman, Mellon Foundation Conservation Fellow
- Amanda Moreno, Interim Esperanza Bravo de Varona Chair of the Cuban Heritage Collection
- Erica Powell, Metadata and Special Collections Librarian for the Louis Calder Memorial Library
- Gisele Rocha, Manager of Creative
- Vanessa Rodriguez, Head of Creative Studio
- Béatrice Skokan, Head of Manuscripts & Archives Management, Curator of Caribbean Collections, and Subject Liaison for French and Francophone Studies