Food and Drink
- Drinks in bottles or in containers with lids are allowed throughout the library.
- Cold foods and snack foods are allowed in study rooms and in public seating areas.
- Hot, smelly, or messy foods are not allowed in the library.
- No food is allowed in the Creative Studio (former computer lab) and the Audio Production Booth.
- The staff reserve the right to ask any patron to put food away if it it is disruptive to other patrons.
Violators may lose library privileges.
Noise and Courtesy
Weeks Music Library is designated as a “Collaborative Study / Low Level Noise Allowed” facility.
- Low level conversation that is not disruptive to others in the immediate vicinity is allowed.
- Cell phones must be on vibrate. Please keep calls brief and to a minimum.
Please be aware that the lobby area is likely to have a higher noise level than other areas of the Music Library. The Scores Stacks on the 2nd floor (facing Lake Osceola) tends to be the best location for quiet study.
Please contact a library staff person if other library users are not respecting the Noise and Courtesy Policy.
Policies for the University of Miami Libraries as a whole can be found here.
- Users requiring a computer for academic purposes have priority. Please be courteous to others.
- Please send print jobs containing more than 50 pages or containing many images a few pages at a time. Please be courteous to others who need to print.
- Data must be saved to removable media. Items saved to the computer will be automatically deleted. Please remember to empty the “Recycle Bin” or “Trash” when leaving a computer. This is not only for your privacy, but also keeps the computers efficient.
- Please do not open printer or copier doors nor push any buttons on the printer. If there is a problem with the printer or copier, please notify the nearest library staff person.
- The computer lab is cleared 15 minutes prior to closing.
- If you need any assistance, please see the nearest library staff person.