Creative Studio has Ultimaker 3 printers with PLA filament. The 3D printing service is open to all current students and employees of the University of Miami.
Are you interested in 3D printing at home?
We are available for virtual consultations if you would like any guidance on 3D printing and 3D scanning. Visit our homepage for information on how to contact us.
Calling all Makers
Makers across the world with sewing skills and 3D printers are making items to help stop the spread of COVID-19. We have put together a guide on how you can use your skills to help flatten the COVID-19 curve: Maker Tools : COVID-19
Schedule a consultation time to review your project with us and for a turn-around estimate. At this time we will give you a price and time estimate.
- Cost is $2.00/HR. Printing size and resolution will affect the amount of time an object takes to print.
Please allow 2 weeks for turn-around time. Best price and turn-around time estimates will be given at time of print request.
- If error/misprint on first run we will try to print again. If print fails a second time, we will contact patrons and recommend changes to the file be made.
- We will only attempt a print twice, and a third time if the patron makes file modifications. After that, at patron request for continued printing attempts, we will charge for printing even if print fails.
- Patrons only get charged for prints they pick-up.
Ultimaker 3 Print Area
- Single Extrusion: 215mm x 215mm x 200mm
- 8.5×8.5×7.9 inches
- Dual Extrusion: 197mm x 215mm x 200mm
- 7.8×8.5×7.9 inches
- Print times depend on the number and size of objects being printed as well as time in the semester.
- Patrons are responsible for the design of their prints.
- Print orders are reviewed prior to printing.
- The Creative Studio reserves the right to refuse a print request.
Faculty interested in doing a class project with 3D printing can contact Vanessa Rodriguez, Head of Creative Studio at firstname.lastname@example.org