Assistance & Instruction
During staff hours, we are available to instruct you on any or all of our software or equipment. We don’t know everything (that’s a lot of software) but we will work with you to come to a solution for any problem you may have.
Schedule a consultation with one of our experts by clicking on their name or email email@example.com:
- Mary Diaz de la Portilla – Multimedia Specialist – Adobe: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop. Graphic design and photography.
- Nick Aponte – Music Production Specialist – ProTools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, other questions about audio formats.
- William Sun – XR Community Lab Specialist – Adobe XD, demos for virtual and augmented reality (extended reality)
- Vanessa Rodriguez – Head of Creative Studio – special requests, graphic design, photography, videography
Schedule a tutoring session with one of our student workers through Navigate, under the location for Creative Studio.
- Aaron Hawkins – Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. other: Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
Faculty members who are interested in integrating a digital aspect into their classes or assignments should consult with Vanessa Rodriguez, Creative Studio manager. We may be available to give project specific instruction to online classes or just to help you come up with ideas for creating a reasonable digital media project.
Workshops & Lectures
Visit our new workshop website for a full list of our Spring 2022 sessions, dates/times, and how to join in. This semester we are also offering workshops to our patrons from other universities.
Other Online Assistance
LinkedIn Learning – UMIT offers access to LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com), a platform offering video courses taught by industry experts.
Adobe CC Tutorials – Video tutorials from Adobe for beginners and for those with more experience.
Adobe Apps Explained Playlist – View our Creative Studio YouTube Playlist to learn more about the individual Adobe apps.