How to Apply – Graduate Fellowships
Goizueta Foundation Graduate Fellowship 2023-2024
Call for Applications – Details and Instructions (Closed)
1. Graduate Pre-Prospectus Summer Fellowships
Pre-Prospectus Summer Fellowships grant one-month awards to doctoral students to determine how the Cuban Heritage Collection may serve their research needs as they prepare the dissertation prospectus/ research proposal. These are exploratory fellowships to determine if research resources in the CHC will support a dissertation.
Fellowships of $3,000 will be granted for one month in residence between June 1 and August 31 of award year.
2. Graduate Research Fellowships
Research Fellowships will support doctoral candidates who wish to use the Cuban Heritage Collection as a primary resource for a dissertation. Doctoral candidates applying for these fellowships will have completed their course work and passed their qualifying examinations (ABD status). They will be prepared to pursue research based on an approved prospectus.
Fellowships of $4,500 per month will be granted for periods of one to three months. These fellowships will take place between June 1 of award year and May 31 of the following year.
All award recipients must be in residence during the course of the fellowship and may not hold concurrent teaching positions.
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of Cuban Studies scholars based on:
- Overall substantive merit of the proposal
- The applicant’s qualifications and recommendations
- Demonstrated need to access the Cuban Heritage Collection’s particular holdings
- All citizens and permanent legal residents of the United States who are enrolled in a U.S. doctoral program are eligible to apply.
- Foreign nationals residing in the U.S. on F-1 student visas in a doctoral program at a university in the U.S. are also eligible to apply.
- Former Graduate Pre-Prospectus Fellows may apply for a Graduate Research Fellowship.
- Applicants may be required to provide proof of eligibility.
Fellowship applicants must submit the following:
- Application form
- Research statement: a project abstract of no more than 300 words
- Research Proposal: an overall project description of no more than 1,500 words stating how the project would potentially benefit from using CHC’s collections.
- Research plan: a list of Cuban Heritage Collection materials to be consulted during the fellowship period. The list need not be comprehensive however applicants are encouraged to identify all potential resources using the CHC catalog, archival collection descriptions and Digital Collections.
- Curriculum vitae
- Three confidential letters of reference
Questions about the fellowships program or application instructions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.